The Ehsaas Panagah Program is an initiative launched by the PTI government of Pakistan to provide shelter homes and free meals to reduce homelessness. The program is designed to help people who are homeless and unable to bear the rent expenses. The Ehsaas Panahgahs are located in different cities in Pakistan and provide a safe and clean environment to those unable to bear the expense of housing.
The eligibility criteria for availing of the services under the program are as follows:
- Homelessness: The program is designed for those who are homeless or living on the streets
- Income Level: The program is primarily aimed at individuals who do not have a regular source of income and are unable to afford basic necessities such as food and shelter.
- Vulnerability: The program also targets vulnerable groups, such as women, children, elderly individuals, and people with disabilities
- Citizenship: The program is open to all citizens of Pakistan, regardless of their ethnicity, religion, or gender.
- Identity verification: Applicants are required to provide valid identification documents, such as a national identity card or a passport
You can check your eligibility for the Ehsaas Kafaalat Program by sending your Computerized National Identity Card Number (CNIC) to 8171 and getting a response regarding your eligibility ¹. You can also check your application status online by going to the Ehsaas Program 8171 Web Portal for online application tracking at ehsaastracking.pass.gov.pk/ and entering your CNIC number.
The Ehsaas Panahgahs contain separate men’s sections and women’s sections. Facilities like clean drinking water, a washroom for micturition, and a bed for sleeping are provided to daily wage earners. A free meal is also served to the residents.
There is no complex registration procedure for an Ehsaas Panah Gah. You need to go to the nearest Panahgah without any paperwork. If you want to stay in Panahgah for over three days, you must register yourself.
I hope this information helps you understand more about the Ehsaas Program. Is there anything else you would like to know?